Special Assistance at Edinburgh Airport
Edinburgh Airport is committed to providing the best service possible for passengers needing special assistance. The special assistance at Edinburgh Airport is provided by Omniserv whose specialist representatives can be found throughout the airport, with a dedicated desk that can be found behind WH Smith in Domestic Arrivals.
- Induction loops
- easy wheelchair access
- arm rests on the chairs
- low level information monitors for ease of vision
- Chairs and wheelchairs
- Detachable/hinged armrests for extra comfort
- Swing away footrests
- Adjustable legs for wheelchairs
- Easy clean fabrics, plus much more
Assistance for those with hidden disabilities
Edinburgh Airport are proud to provide a number of provisions to assist those travelling with a hidden disability or addtional needs. These include:
- Pins and Lanyards to make staff aware that you may require additional assistance or time. Please request your preferred item by emailing the team on firstname.lastname@example.org who will happily post it to you. Alternativley, you can collect it on the airport on your day of departure
- Material for children with additional needs are available upon request. These include books and a video which you can view here. Simply email the team on the above email address for the password to the video.
- Pre visits to the airport are also available to help familiarise you with the surroundings. This is only as far as security so you won’t be able to go through to departures.
- Join the social story and document your journey! View the Social Story here.
There are also additional services available for other hidden disabilities which include factsheets compatible with most screen readers for those with sensory impairment, access to the Pins and Lanyards for those travelling with Ostomy bags and alternative screening processes for those travelling with a heart device